By Maria Bargellini or DFW Chritmas Lights.com
Continuation of another article: Christmas Lights Dallas: DIY Lightingb Part I
4. Should I start with the lights on or off? Thereb s nothing worst then hitting the switch on the tree just to see that the hardest lights to get to donb t work.
- Plug in light strings before putting them on the tree.B Plugging in lights allows you to find missing or burned out bulbs before you decorate your tree and helps you to evenly distribute the lights throughout the tree.
5. Do I need a Surge protector? Yes, we recommend the use of surge protectors.
- Plug light strings into a surge protector.B As an extra deterrent to overload, and to protect your lights from voltage spikes, plug your lights into a surge protector.
- They are relatively inexpensive and you can never be b toob protected. Just make sure you read the directions as it will tell you how many amps you can put on it.